Thursday, March 19, 2020

Filming Blog

  At the time of writing this, school has been closed until April 15th. Due to the pandemic, COVID-19, schools in my district were closed. Though that was the best decision for the safety of us students, that also created quite a few issues with our final project. Since we weren’t aware of school closing, we weren’t able to check out the SD card that held our footage and movie. Thankfully, I had saved a small portion of it the my One Drive when we first started the project. However, it was only the first few scenes. My group mates and I would also be unable to meet up at all and film anything else. This was because each of our parents wouldn’t allow us to meet up as they didn’t want any chances of any of us getting the virus. I’m hoping that we will at least be able to meet up for one day so we can use our phones to at least film something. With this though, my entire planned out schedule was ruined. As a result, I'll be forced to improvise and take any possible opportunity to film.

On top on that, my group and I would have to begin editing all over again. This was quite discouraging as I had worked a long time on editing before. However, I had no other option so I moved on and started over. I was lucky to have access to editing software on my computer, so I got to work on beginning as soon as possible to make up for lost time. I chose to use iMovie to edit as I had a rough idea of how to use it. Currently my internet shuts off every once in a while so I have to save pretty often but it will be worth it in the end. I plan to work as hard as I can and do as much as I possibly am able to while schools closed. My group and I will take any chance to film. Albeit, that chance is incredibly small as we all will be trying to stay healthy and free from any virus. I refuse to have no product as a result of all this work I’ve done so I will continue to do the best of my ability.


No comments:

Post a Comment