Friday, April 17, 2020

Final Task- Movie

  Below is my final task for my AICE Media Studies class. It consists of the opening of a movie that I made with my group mates, Hailey and Deedi. Over the past few months, since January, I have worked extremely hard on finishing this project with a product I am happy with. I’m very proud of the finished product, even though it’s quite different from our original storyboard. Due to the pandemic messing up filming and the decreased communication, we had to improvise quite a bit when it came to some of the scenes. At times it was really stressful and I was very discouraged when our original edited movie was lost as we no longer had access to the school laptops. However, with a large amount of dedication and using what we had to it’s fullest, my group and I created this film that I’m extremely happy with! Even with all the changes we made to our final product, I am proud that it remained true to our original idea and the concept I had come up with. The entire process of creating the film was a great experience and my group mates and I enjoyed every step of the way.

  The movie opening tells the story of a teenage girl whose life has been consumed by social media, ultimately resulting in her being kidnapped. I had suggested the idea of the horror genre when I first partnered up with my groupmates. They were immediately onboard as they were also fans of horror films and we all felt that we could create a good idea for a horror concept. One of my groupmates suggested doing something involving social media, which led to our final concept for our film. After her suggestion, I had the idea to have the main character be stalked and ultimately kidnapped due to how much of her personal life that she put on social media. We ran with the idea and the entire concept formed smoothly from there. Even with all the changes we made, it stayed true to the original idea. I made sure that the idea always stayed clear and made sure the important details remained the same. I was so happy with how it ended with the trunk shot that I had suggested while we were making the storyboard, the inclusion reminded me of how far the film had come from just a single sentence pitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment