Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog

  While in my AICE Media Studies class on March 9th, I continued to work on editing. One of my group mates was absent so that left the two only us to work. This actually made it easier as there weren’t as many people gathered around one little laptop. Therefore, we were able to get more done.  I had filmed a few of the scenes that did not require our actors, such as establishing shot, so I planned to put them into the film. I used the SD card and SD card reader to transfer the footage over and got to work. I moved the new footage from the file to the editing software. I then cut it down until it fit within the spaces I had left for each shot. With it together, I watched it through to make sure it flowed nicely. Then I worked on editing the lighting, sound and titles till class ended.

  Later that day, while at home, I decided to work on editing more as I had time. I have an SD card reader at home so I was able to transfer the work I had done on the movie onto my computer. I put it in iMovie and continued to work. I wanted to finish the majority of the titles so that I would have time to work on finishing it in class. I soon noticed that the way I had originally planned to make the titles was not working. The original idea involved making my own message boxes and placing the text in them. However, the text would not go over the box I had made. I came up with a new idea in which the titles would show up as if they were being typed. That would still keep the desired effect of having the titles look like messages, but would actually work. It turned out nicely and I was able to add most of the titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment